Monday, January 26, 2009

Why do parents think that just because they are the parents that they do not have to resepect their children. I am an adult now, I can take care of myself and I try to so that I do not burden my parents with my problems. But I still can not have a conversation with my mother without her irrationally screaming at me. She always apologizes and makes some excuse but I am tired of it. I do no deserve to be treated like a child who needs to be repremanded when I am an adult who has done nothing wrong. Is it really too much to ask to just have a nice conversation where I am not being constantly asked questions about other peoples business that I do not believe I should be sharing when I was told in confidence? Not to mention the amount of distrust you have earned because of constantly telling anyone who will listen things I asked you not to repeat. And yet you wonder why I am unwilling to share every detail of my life with you. Parents if they are interested in a young adults life should not just randomly call to ask if everything is alright, it would be a lot nicer if you called on a consistant basis and did not start complaining about your own life before the details your child is trying to give you are finished. Its not that hard, you can respect people the same age who work for you, why not respect the person who actually really deserves it?

No comments:

Post a Comment